Online blogs offer news or commentary on a particular topic like sports, music, news, or interest. Many online blogs function more as personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The capability for readers to comments on your blog in an interactive way is a major part of various blogs. Most blogs are mainly textual, although some emphasize on photos, audio podcasting, videos, or all joined together.
Several realtors or real estate investors who have business or properties can make use of blogs to interact with their readers or build a community of readers who are interested in their subject matter. In case you are a realtor who focuses on condos you can blog about condos and if you are a wholesale investor who sells fixer uppers you can talk about fixer uppers and increase your knowledge. Some of your blog posts can contain your projects or listings that you are working on. You can subtly ask your blog readers about interest in your real estate inventory. By giving quality knowledge in your field you gain trust among your readers and perhaps a possible buyer.
Blogs are inexpensive compared to the cost of creating a website. Many blogs are free or have a low monthly fee to maintain. The most popular blog platforms available are blogger and WordPress blogs. Both of them are easy to use and update. Blogs are search engine friendly as well so it will also help in getting you found easier online.
Here are few things you can do with a blog:
· Post real estate tips and information every day to your readers.
· Share your real estate knowledge and become the go-to blog for valuable information in your market.
· Search Engines like to spider Blogs since the content is fresh always and continually being updated!
· There are a lot of directories dedicated to Blogs online. Some directories let you to “Ping” them when you add new content to keep their directories update to date.
· Have your visitors subscribe to your blog by putting a subscribe button on your blog so that visitors who are interested can get informed when you post.
· Use Google Adsense to get added income from PPC targeted advertisers.
· Have your blog provide RSS feeds and Podcast feeds of your posts.
· Place links to important information from your websites like your listings or your contact information.
· The important social and interactive aspect of blogs is its ability for visitors to post comments on your post. Building dialogue shows your reader you are a live person behind the blog.
· You don’t need to be a coder or programmer to start a blog. For the most part, it is very user-friendly and easy to start one up.
· You can customize the design and layout of most blogs to cater for the look and feel of your business brand.
If you haven’t noticed blogs are here to remain in cyberspace. If your business doesn’t have a Blog you need to start planning on getting one running now. Any business looking to create a social presence in web 2.0 should have one.